Neighbourhood planning can be kept very simple. It is the community’s plan and needs only to deal with the planning issues that matter to us. See the simple guide to writing planning policies ➔.
The Forum has to follow a series of key stages and abide by the following laws (or Basic Conditions):
- must be appropriate having regard to national policy ➔
- must contribute to the achievement of sustainable development ➔
- must be in general conformity with the strategic policies in the council’s development plans ➔
- must be compatible with human rights ➔ requirements
- must be compatible with EU obligations ➔
The Forum management committee also has a number of guiding principles and procedures