We are now in the final stages of preparing the Hove Station Neighbourhood Plan and the regeneration of the Hove Station Area is gathering momentum. Come and find out how our community-led plan is responding to development pressures and tying it all together to ensure the whole is greater than the sum of the parts.
Presentations from 13:30
- MODA (the new developers of the Sackville Trading Estate ),
- Liz Hobden Head of City Planning),
- Alan Buck (in charge of the new BHCC Conway Street Master Plan ),
What are the developers doing?
- The Hyde Housing New Wave development will soon be completed – the 59 apartments and 6 terraced houses in Newtown Road/Goldstone Lane are now on sale – a show house is now open – the prices are well north of £350,000
- KAP Motor Group are currently consulting the public on the redevelopment of the Peugeot Dealers site on Newtown Road next to New Wave – this includes both medium and high rise housing blocks, with a café overlooking a ‘pocket park’- a planning application is expected soon.
- A planning application for some 500 apartments in the Sackville Area – the former Sackville Trading Estate and the former coal yard – will be submitted later this year – Mountpark/MODA are finalising a revised design
- Matsim have appealed against the Council’s refusal of their Hove Gardens project for 188 apartments in Conway St/Ellen St- but they may abandon the scheme and just upgrade the former Furniture Village Warehouse
Exhibition and handouts of our latest draft policies and projects
What matters to you in our rapidly changing neighbourhood?
- Traffic and parking?
- Pollution and green spaces?
- The station footbridge?
- Community facilities and hubs?
- Affordable housing?
- Regeneration of run-down areas?
Come and Have Your Say at the Honeycroft Centre on Saturday 7th July – 1:30pm
(see map below)