New development means more traffic pressure. The road network around Hove Station needs to be improved. We need to balance the flow of additional traffic with the needs of local residents and businesses. What do you think of our policies? Send us an email or post your comments below…
- Relieve pressure on major junctions and better circulation south of the railway
- Easily accessible on foot and by cycle
- Traffic calming measures to avoid rat runs
- 20mph speed limit on shared surfaces and a lower speed limit on small sections of private roads
- Good connectivity is key to the success of the area. We need an attractive station with easy access
- Well designed connections between north and south of the railway
- Improved east-west permeability
- Linkages need to be prepared and land / funding made available
- Improving connections around the railway
- Upgrade or rebuild Hove station footbridge to accessible standard
- New footbridge across the railway to the station car park
- A wide sweep of steps from the station area
- Open up Fonthill Road / Goldstone Lane southwards to allow better bus circulation
- Close Fonthill Road under the railway tunnel, with access for pedestrians and cycles only.
- The continuation of the segregated cycleway along Old Shoreham Road
- Add footway provision (such as by the petrol station off Station Approach)
- Safe pedestrian crossing outside Hove Station for visually impaired.
These improvements are essential for containing the potentially negative impacts of new development.